Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Driving on Sandwich Street

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! 

Know what? Maggie and Dave visited Olde Sandwich Towne. They're nice people and they're the bosses of the Santa Claus Parade in November and the Olde Sandwich Towne Festival in September, too.  I like parades. I like festivals, too. Thousands of people come to have fun on our street, then. There's music and food a bouncy castle and face painting and lots of fun things to do.


Maggie and Dave are visiting Bill and Aggie at The MiLL . It's a good place to eat, you know. I l-o-v-e Greek food. Oh! Wait! The French fries are yummy, too. Growing bear cubs need French fries with ketchup. We need porridge with gummy worms too, but that's for breakfast.

Maggie and Dave have a Club Car to ride in. It goes really fast. I can drive, you know. I'm five. I don't need a driver's permit if I stay on the sidewalk. I hang onto the steering wheel and push the gas pedal. I drive on the sidewalk. I honk the horn and holler, "Look out, citizens! Gang way! Charles and Chance a-comin' through!" People get out of the way so they don't get hurt.

Chance thinks he's driving but he's not. He's too little to drive. He's so little he doesn't even have a tail, yet. He can only drink condensed owls' milk out of a bottle 'cuz he doesn't have any teeth.

Driving the Club Car is almost as much fun as riding my blue bike up and down Sandwich Street. I have to be careful. I don't want to hurt anyone when I'm behind the wheel. Good citizens are polite drivers.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Drive carefully. Good citizens get to eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can ride up and down Sandwich Street together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.