Monday, July 26, 2010

Painting Pictures

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! 

Know what? Chance and me paint pictures of ourselves. It's lots of fun. We make pictures of us playing hockey. I'm cub Gretzky and Chance is Cub Crosby. We make pictures of us in the bathtub playing with our rubber duckies in our purple bubble bath. We l-o-v-e bath time. We make pictures of us decorating the Christmas tree. Chance climbed right to the top of the tree. He wanted to be the angel on top. I had to say, "My son! Come down from there this instant!"

All our paintings are at Nick and Aveline's store. They're really nice. Nick has a Mohawk haircut. I want one, too.  Their store is called 1976. It's on Sandwich Street right by the wine shop and Spicoli's Barley Bin. I hope you come to see our pictures. I know! Yyou can paint with us! That would be fun. We could eat peanut butter and licorice sandwiches, you know. They're yummy and yummy is one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. Chance tries to eat the paint but he's not supposed to. We don't eat paint. Paint isn't in the Canada Food Guide. He's just a wee little thing. He'll know better when he's older, like me.

I learned how to paint at the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre. Miss Jackie is my teacher. I think she is a princess 'cuz she lives at Mackenzie Hall and that's a really big castle on Sandwich Street.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens.  Do good deeds. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and paint with us! We can have fun together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.