Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! 

Know what? Chance and me are sitting in the summer sun. That's a good thing to do on a Sunday. The flowers smell nice. Chance is trying to eat them. We don't eat flowers. They're not even in the Canada Food Guide! He'll know better when he's five, like me.

Olde Sandwich Towne has brand new bicycle hitching posts. We watched the workmen put them up on Sandwich Street. I can lock up my blue bike on one and it will be there when I come back.

Some people steal bicycles. They aren't good citizens, you know. Good citizens don't take things that don't belong to them. Know what else? Chance and me can climb up on top of a hitching post. We can see really far when we're way up high. That's a fun thing to do.

Today we're gonna go on a lion hunt in the back yard. We got space ray guns from the Mill Dollar Store. Hunting for lions is fun. We say,

Goin' on a lion hunt,
One, two three.
Goin' on a lion hunt,
Can't catch me!

Then we sneak up quietly on any lions that are in the back yard and catch them. Chance gets excited when we hunt for lions. Chance makes little squeaky noises 'cuz he's happy. The lions can hear him and they run away.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens.  Lock up your bicycle so bad people won't steal them. Remember to hunt for lions and eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! If you don't have any lions in your back yard, come over to our house and play with us!  Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.