Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Canada! Happy Birthday to Me, Too!













Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, Grandpa James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? Today is July 1st. It's a special day 'cuz it's Canada Day. Canada is 143 years old. There's a big 'ole party in Dieppe Park. The birthday cake is for 5,000 people. That's a really big cake. The cake is red and white. It looks like the Canada flag. It sure is yummy and that's one of the four food groups in Canada's Food Guide. 

Know what?  Canada is way older than me. Today is my birthday, too! Queen Elizabeth is in Ottawa, today. I sure wish she would come to our house. We would eat birthday wallermelon and climb the sugar maple in the back yard. I would show Her Majesty how to make Smarties tattoos on her face.

I got Play-Doh for my birthday. I l-o-v-e Play-Doh. It's fun to make things out of Play-Doh. I got four different colours--red, yellow, blue and green! Chance gave it to me. I will have to watch him, he might try to eat it!

 Grandpa James gave me a Slinky. Is it ever fun! The Slinky walks down the stairs all by itself!

 Cassidy the bunny rabbit gave me Snakes and Ladders. That's a really fun board game to play, especially on rainy days when we have to stay inside.



 Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? Grandpa James is hollering, "Where is my birthday bear cub? Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario?

That's me! Charles!  I'm a birthday bear cub! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find Grandpa James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Have fun on Canada Day! Eat wallermelon and watch the fireworks. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and celebrate Canada Day with us! Happy Canada Day! Happy birthday! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.