Sunday, July 18, 2010

Remembering My Birthday

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! 

Know what? My birthday was on Canada Day. That's a good day to have a birthday, you know. My buddies Lulu and Lily came to visit with Darryl and Alexandria. They surprised me with birthday cupcakes.  I l-o-v-e birthday cupcakes. They sang Happy Birthday to me--two times--once in English and once in French.

    Bonne Fete a toiBonne Fete a toi Bonne Fete cher Charles, Bonne Fete a toi!


Chance tried to eat a cupcake with the candle still burning. He's really little and doesn't know that fire is dangerous.

We went to the shoe store after my birthday party. I need new shoes. That's one of my presents.  Chance tried on a pair of running shoes. He won't keep them on his feet, you know. See, he's already taken off his diaper and goodness only knows where he left it.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens so you can enjoy birthday parties. You can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and party with us!  Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.