Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Places We Don't Eat Peanut Butter

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! 

There are places where we do NOT eat peanut butter even if it is yummy and yummy is one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. We don't eat peanut butter in the bathroom. We don't eat peanut butter on the living room carpet. We certainly do not eat peanut butter in bed.

Bear cubs who eat peanut butter in the bathroom or the living room carpet or in bed might get everything sticky. That's another one of the food groups in the Canada Food Guide. Bear cubs who disobey would have to sit on the Time Out Chair and think about what they did.  I don't like the Time Out Chair. I don't like to think about what I did. Thinking is hard, you know.

I'd rather ride my blue bike up and down Sandwich Street and dig holes in the back yard and climb the sugar maple and eat Smarties. That's more fun that the Time Out Chair. Know what else? Chance is a copy cat. I don't know why he's called a copy cat. He's not a cat. He's a bear cub. I think he's a copy cub. Chance does everything I do but I'm the one who has to sit on the Time Out Chair. James says Chance is too little to understand. I have to set a good example for him.



Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Obey the rules so you don't have to sit on the Time Out Chair.  Good citizens eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can dig holes and play Space Invaders! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.