Wednesday, June 30, 2010

One More Day Till My Birthday and Canada's Birthday Too!

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! 

Know what? Tomorrow is Canada Day. It's my birthday, too! I can hardly wait. Canada is way older than me. Canada will be 143 years old. That's almost as old as James.

On birthdays we get gifts. Chance and me are looking for my presents. I'm pretty sure James hid them somewhere in the house. I don't know what I might get but we're going to find out. When everyone sings Happy Birthday, I'll act surprised, you know.  I'm a very good actor. I bet he hid the presents in the freezer. That's a good place to hid things.

I wonder if I'll get finger paints.  I l-o-v-e to paint. I'm an artist, you know. Maybe I'll get a Canada flag to put on my blue bike. No! Wait! Maybe I'll get a horn for my blue bike so I can make a lot of noise when I ride up and down the sidewalk. Maybe I'll get Snakes and Ladders. That's a fun game. I hope I get Smarties and gummy worms.

We get to wear hats and we have balloons when it's birthday time. We get to eat wallermelon and drink root beer, too. We play games. Birthdays are fun.

James says he's going to bake a sauerkraut and broccoli cake. I know he's just teasing me. Sauerkrauts and broccolis are nasty and I don't like them at all. I hold my nose and eat two bites so I can set a good example for Chance. He's too little to eat food. He just drinks condensed owls' milk out of his bottle but one day he'll have to eat what I eat. I want to send sauerkrauts and broccolis to all those starving children in Belgium.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. If you find your birthday presents before your birthday party remember to act surprised.  Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can look for presents together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.