Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Things I know About Art

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. He says he's older than dirt. That must be really old, like 20!

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? I'm hangin' around. I'm thinking about art. Chance and me are artists. We paint pictures of ourselves and sell them. Then we take the money to Mac's Milk and we buy gummy worms and Smarties. Sometimes we get root beer. I l-o-v-e gummy worms and Smarties and root beer! They're yummy and that's one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide.

When we were in Toronto, Chance and James and me visited the Art Gallery of Ontario They got art everywhere! Art is to look at. I could be an artist, you know. I go to the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre in Windsor. Miss Jackie teaches us about art and famous artists like Vincent Van Goo and Laura Secord and Sidney Crosby.

Artists paint with different things like oil paint or acrylics. Miss Jackie says they're called mediums. I have a favourite medium. I like to paint with peanut butter. It's the bestest medium of all. If I get as  hungry as a bear, I can eat some while I paint.  James says I can only paint on paper or canvas. One time I painted a peanut butter picture on the kitchen wall. It was a nice picture of our family. That's James and Chance and me. James said we don't paint pictures on the walls.  I had to sit on the Time Out Chair and think about painting on paper instead of the wall.



Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario!

We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Enjoy art. Art is everywhere. Become an artist. Artists are good citizens. Artists get to eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and paint with us! We can be the Group of Seven! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.