Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hotel-Dieu Grace

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! 

Know what? When we don't feel good we go to Hotel-Dieu Grace . That's our hospital. I know what a hospital is. It's a place for sick people. Oh. Wait! It's a place for sick bear cubs, too. Chance and me are sick. The nice lady at Admissions gave us arm bands with our names on them. That's so the nurses and doctors know who we are.

Chance and me are having lots of tests done to find out why we're sick. I think we're sick 'cuz we don't get enough Smarties and root beer. I think we might be Smarties deficient. James says that's silly. He says we get plenty of Smarties and root beer, too.

We sure don't feel good. We have fevers. Chance throwed up three times already. I don't like to throw up but I did. The nurse is going to hook us up to an IV. I hope it's full of Smarties and root beer! That would make us well, I know!

 Did you hear that? James is here. He holds us tight so we're not afraid. He whispers, "Get well, my handsome bear cubs. Get well, my Sons of Windsor. Get well, my Princes of Ontario. That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario!

James tickles our ears and kisses our noses. He puts a washcloth on our faces so we don't feel so hot. He kisses our noses and sings songs to us. It's nice when James holds us tight. I'm not afraid, anymore.

Know what? Chance is asleep, He makes little snory sounds when he's asleep. I'm tired. I'm getting very sleepy. I want to.....zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Don't get sick. If you do get really really sick then go to Hotel-Dieu Grace so you can get well. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Don't come over to our house until we're well. We don't want you to get sick, too!  Okay! Over and out!"

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I hope everyone living at the bears' house is OK now.

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.