Saturday, June 12, 2010

I Love Pizza!

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy,  Grandpa James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. Grandpa James says he remembers the invention of pizza. He must be really old--at least 20!

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. He's so newborn he doesn't even have any teeth, yet.  I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! 

Know what? Chance and me are at Maestro Pizza. We came here with our buddies Grandpa James, Uncle Jay and Uncle Peter. I know what pizza is. It's yummy and that's one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. We're hungry as bears. That's why we're here. Danny, Sivan and Mike make pizza. They make really good pizzas.

We ordered three pizzas. We got a Maestro pizza with steak and feta cheese. We got a Supreme pizza, too. The bestest pizza of all is the Nut Lover Delight. It has almonds and macadamia nuts and pine nuts on top. We share our pizza 'cuz that's what good citizens do, you know.

I could be a pizza maker when I grow up.  It's an important job. I know how to make pizza. Mike showed me. First you make a big and flat circle out of the dough. Then you pour tomato sauce on it. Then you put all the other things on it--except the kitchen sink. I don't know what that means but I don't want to eat a kitchen sink, do you? Pizza goes in a big oven.  Ovens are hot. Don't touch a hot oven. It will burn. It's okay of the pizza gets hot. That's why it's in the oven.

It takes 20 minutes to bake a pizza. That's a long time. It's way longer than I ever sat in the Time Out Chair.  I was really glad when the pizza was ready. My stomach was growling. I was eating really fast 'cuz I was hungry. Grandpa James said, "Now Charles, don't wolf your food down. Eat slowly and chew your food. Don't eat like a pig. He says really silly things sometimes. I'm not a wolf. I'm not a pig. Maybe Grandpa James needs new glasses. Almost any one can see that I'm a bear cub and a handsome one, too.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? Grandpa James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find Grandpa James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Don't wolf down your food or eat like a pig. Then you can share pizza with us. We can eat Smarties and drink root beer, too.  I know! You can come over to our house and eat pizza with us. Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.