Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Importance of Eating Porridge

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, Grandpa James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? I'm having porridge for breakfast. I l-o-v-e porridge, especially with gummy worms or Smarties. Today we're having porridge with strawberries and blueberries.Grandpa  James says bear cubs need to eat fibre so we can be strong and healthy.

Strong and healthy bear cubs get to climb maple trees and dig holes in the back yards and ride bikes up and down Sandwich Street. Oh. We get to make siren noises, too.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I know where porridge comes from. It comes from oats and oats come from Oatville. That's a city near Toronto.

 Chance doesn't eat porridge. That's 'cuz he's too newborn. He's so newborn he doesn't even have any teeth. He just drinks condensed owls' milk from a bottle.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that?  Grandpa James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find Grandpa James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Eat your porridge. Then you can be big and strong and come over to our house and play with us! We can ride bikes and dig holes and climb the sugar maple tree in our backyard! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.