Thursday, June 10, 2010

Things To Do at Hotel-Dieu

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! 

Know what? We're at Hotel-Dieu Grace Hospital. We're waiting for James. He's seeing a doctor. I think James might be sick. That's what doctors do. They see sick people and make them well.

We're supposed to sit quietly and wait until James and the doctor are done. We sit up. We sit back. We sit around. We sit still. I don't like to sit. Chance doesn't like to sit, either. This is like being on the Time Out Chair, except we didn't do anything bad.

Oh, look! A wheelchair! Chance and me can sit in the wheelchair. I can make it roll. We can roll up and down the hallway. I can make it roll really fast and we can make siren noises! That's fun. Chance doesn't make siren noises. He just makes little squeaky noises when he's happy. He's making lots of squeaky noises, now. Wheeeee! This is fun! Look at us! Look out good citizens! Wheelchair coming through!

Oh, my! A nurse just told us not to race in the hallway. She said it's not nice to race. Okay. We won't race. We're not racists, you know.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Step aside for wheelchairs. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to Hotel-Dieu Grace Hospital and play with us! We can ride up and down the hallway in the wheelchair together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.