Monday, June 7, 2010

He Shoots! He Scores!

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! 

Know what? We watch the Stanley Cup playoffs on the CBC. Chicago is playing Philadelphia. We l-o-v-e hockey. We play hockey all the time.  I'm Cub Gretzky and Chance is Cub Crosby. Chance tries to put the puck in his mouth. We're not supposed to eat the puck. It's not food. It's not in the Canada Food Guide. We're good at hockey. We even make pictures of ourselves playing hockey. James says we're hockey fans. James is silly. We're not fans! We're bear cubs! I can holler, "He shoots! He scores!"

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Play hockey. After the game you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play hockey with us! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.