Wednesday, June 16, 2010

All About Hide and Seek

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! 

Know what? We're playing Hide & Seek with our buddy Peter. It's the funnest game ever. I hide my eyes and count to 100 like this--one elephant, two elephants, three elephants...all the way to 100. That's a lot of counting. Miss Jackie taught me to count. She's my teacher at the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre. I love Miss Jackie.  Chance is supposed to hide while I count. Then I go look for him. Chance isn't very good at hiding. He thinks when he closes his eyes he's invisible! That's silly. I can see him. He just has his eyes shut!

Chance hid in this box. Know how I found him? He fell asleep. He was making little snory noises. Chance does that when he's sleeping. He was real easy to find. I just listened. When I heard the little snory noise I followed it. I woke Chance up when I hollered, "Boo! Boo! Boo on you!" Now we have to find Peter. We have to find Kyle, too. Kyle is a cat. He lives with Peter. Kyle is a really good hider.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Listen carefully and your ears will tell you lots of things. Good citizens get to eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to Peter's house and play with us! We can play Hide and Seek together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.