Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bonne Fete National and Getting Ready for Canada Day

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! 

Know what? Today is a holiday for all our friends and buddies in Quebec. Today is Saint-Jean-Baptiste! It's a really fun day. We get be in a parade and put blue and white balloons on my blue bike. We get to eat blue cake with blue icing. Blue is one of my favouritest colours.  We get to make siren noises and holler, "Vive le Quebec!"

I know who Saint Jean was. He was a nice man in the Bible. He was Jesus' cousin. Saint John helped people to be good but he lost his head. That's the sad part of the story.

Know what's after Saint-Jean-Baptiste? We'll get ready for Canada Day. That's next week. That's Canada's birthday. Know what else? That's my birthday, too! I l-o-v-e birthdays. We get to eat wallermelon! I l-o-v-e wallermelon. It's yummy and that's one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. Wallermelon is special, you know. We get to see fireworks, too! I think we should be able to eat fireworks 'cuz they're so pretty. James says they're hot and can burn us.

Chance and me are trying on our Canada Day handkerchiefs. Go Canada! Go Canada! I don't know exactly where Canada is going but we're gonna go, too!


Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. March in the parade. You can eat Smarties and drink root beer with us. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! Bonne Fete de St-Jean! Okay! Salut! A toi! That's French for Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.