Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's Raining, It's Pouring

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. He's so old he says he remembers the first time it ever rained!

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. Now, he's my little brother. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! 

Know what? It's raining. James says it's raining cats and dogs but he's being silly. I'm five. I know that cats and dogs don't fall out of the sky. Just water. Kyle and Chance and me are watching the Weather Network to find out when the rain will stop and we can go outside and dig holes in the back yard.

I know a song about rain.

It's raining, it's pouring,
The old man is snoring.
He went to bed and he bumped his head,
And he couldn't get up in the morning.
Rain, rain,
Go away!
Come again some other day!
THE END.

I know what we can do! We can get some pots and pans and spoons from the kitchen. We can make a rock band. We can sing songs until the rain stops! Yeah. That's a fun thing to do! I know lots of songs. Miss Jackie teaches us songs. She's my teacher at the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre. Chance doesn't really sing but he makes little squeaky noises when he's happy.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Find fun things to do indoors when it's rainy outside. It's a good time to eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to Kyle's house and play with us! You can be in our rock band! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.