Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Countdown to Canada Day

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road in Olde Sandwich Towne. That's in Windsor. Windsor is in O Canada. I learned that at the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre. Miss Jackie is my teacher. I live with my buddy, Grandpa James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

 Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful! 

Know what? This is a picture I painted of Chance and me. I named the picture. It's called Rub-a-dub-dub Two Cubs in the Tub. That's Chance and me. We're bear cubs. We're playing in the bathtub. We l-o-v-e to play in the water. We got purple soap that makes bubbles. We love to splash. We play with our fire trucks and our yellow rubber duckies.

Canada Day is coming. That's on July 1st. That's my birthday, too! I love Canada Day and my birthday. We get to eat wallermellon! I l-o-v-e wallermellon. It's yummy and that's one of the four food groups in Canada's Food Guide.

Do you know the song Rubber Ducky ? It's one of my favouritest songs. We sing it. Well, I sing it. Chance doesn't talk, yet. He's too newborn. He's so newborn he only drinks chocolate owls' milk out of his bottle. He doesn't even have a tail! Chance makes little squeaky noises while I sing. That means he's happy.

I know! When you come to our house, you can sing Rubber Ducky with us! Miss Jackie taught the song to us. She's my teacher at the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre. I think she's a Princess. She lives at Mackenzie Hall, you know. It's a castle. You know the words, don't you?


OH!
Rubber Ducky
Your the one
You make bath time
Lots of fun!
Rubber Ducky
I'm awfully fond of you! (bobobodeo)

Rubber Ducky
Joy of joy
When I squeeze you you make noise
Rubber Ducky
You're my very best friend its true.





Every Day
When I make my way to the tubby
I find a little fella who's
Cute and yella
And chubby
Rubba dub dubby!

Rubber Ducky
Your so fine
And I'm lucky that your mine
Rubber ducky I'm awfully fond of you.

ooh....
Every Day
When I make my way to the tubby
I find a little fella who's
Cute and yella
And chubby
Rubba dub dubby!

Rubber ducky your so fine
And I'm lucky that your mine
Rubber ducky I'm awfully fond of
Rubber ducky I'm awfully fond
Of you! 


Guess what? I climbed up here on top of the fountain in front of Canada Post. I don't know where the water went but it will come back. Chance and me l-o-v-e to play in the fountain. It's really fun, especially on hot, hot days. We can get soaking wet and cool off. Queen Elizabeth is in Canada. She's the boss of almost everybody except the Knighted States. She's our buddy. Maybe she will come to our house and splash in the water with us! We can splash in money, too!

 Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? Grandpa James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find Grandpa James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Stay cool on hot summer days and play in the water.  Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! .We can play in the water and we can eat wallermelon, too! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.