Friday, February 19, 2010

Art




Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's old and forgetful, so I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? I am an artist. I know everything about art. I learned from Miss Jackie at the Scruffy Maple Daycare Centre. She showed me how to colour inside the lines. She showed me how to fingerpaint. I l-o-v-e to fingerpaint. I fingerpaint with peanut butter. That's so I can eat some when I get hungry. Fingerpainting makes me as hungry as a---bear. Hmmn.

Now I can paint with a brush. It's hard 'cuz bear cubs don't have thumbs, you know. I'm a pretty good artist. I got three gold stickers for my fingerpaintings, already. I'm painting pictures of Chance and me. They look like us, don't they? I name each picture. This one is called, He Ain't Heavy.

Artists are good citizens. Good citizens get to eat wallermelons and drink root beer. Good citizens get porridge for breakfast with gummy worms inside!

Did you hear that? It's James hollering, "Where's my handsome bear cubs?" That's me, Charles! and Chance! We're handsome bear cubs! We'll find James and show him the painting. He'll tickle our ears and kiss our noses. This is me saying, "Be good citizens! Make a fingerpainting for someone you love but don't eat it all up! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.