Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day and Chinese New Year


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, Special Ed James. He rides to school on a short bus, so I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? Today is a double double special day. It's Saint Valentine's Day AND it is Chinese New Year, too. I know who St. Valentine is. He's the boss in charge of friends. His little brother is St. Cupid. I think lions ate them. I hope they had ketchup. We give our friends valentines today.

Special Ed James says this is the Year of the Tiger. Chance and me have space ray guns we got at the Dollar Store. We can hunt for tigers and give them valentines. Tigers are like lions but tigers have stripes. Oh! Wait! I have red-and-white striped Cat-in-the-Hat sox. My friend Tanner gave them to me. Tanner was my first bestest friend but he died of cancer. Cancer is not nice. I miss Tanner. I know! I will get out my pencil crayons and draw a picture of Tanner. I can draw a big red heart around his picture. That's a nice way to remember my friend. I will make a valentine for Special Ed James and for Chance and for you, too.

Did you hear that? Special Ed James is hollering, "Where's my handsome bear cubs?" That's me, Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs! We'll run and get our ears tickled and our noses kissed and we'll get great big hugs, too! This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying-

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Be my valentine
And my tiger, too!

Be good citizens and give your friends valentines. Don't forget to give some to the tigers, too. I gotta go! Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.