Saturday, February 20, 2010

Our New Friend


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's old and forgetful, so I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? This is our friend Fred. He's a frog. We play Leap Frog together. We play Hide & Seek, too. Frogs are green. That's a different colour from Chance and me. We're brown. Some bear cubs are black and some bear cubs are white.We have friends who are all different colours but Fred is our first green friend. He's lots of fun to play with. We're gonna help our buddy James make lunch. I l-o-v-e lunch! We get to cook. Today we're going to make orange juice and peanut butter sandwiches. They're yummy and yummy is one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. We get Smarties for dessert. We get dessert only after we eat our sandwiches. Then we'll go outside and dig some holes in the backyard.

Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where's my buddies? Where's my handsome bear cubs and my handsome frog?" That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. Oh! Wait! That's Fred, too! We'll find James and he'll tickle our ears and kiss our noses. Oh! Wait! Frogs don't have ears like bear cubs. That's okay. James will kiss Fred's nose twice!

We gotta go. We wanna help make lunch. This is Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens and help your friends and buddies make lunch. Good citizens get to eat Smarties and dig holes in the backyard. Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.