Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mardi Gras


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's old and forgetful, so I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? We're at the Post Office. It's a nice place. We come here to buy stamps so we can mail a package. A big 'ole truck will pick up our package and take it to your house! I could be a postie. I'm pretty good at licking stamps, you know.

When we get home we get to eat baked beans and chocolate chip pancakes with maple syrup on top. That's because it's Mardi Gras today. We get to eat paczis (punch-keys), too! Paczis are yummy. They have jelly inside. We only get them once a year on Mardi Gras. Chance is too little to eat paczis so I will eat his for him. James says I'm being a pig. That's silly. I'm not a pig. I'm a bear cub. Growing bear cubs need to eat a lot of paczis!

Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where's my handsome bear cubs?" That's us! Charles and Chance! We're handsome bear cubs! He'll scoop us up in a big hug and tickle our ears and kiss our noses. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens! Eat paczis and pancakes today. Don't forget the maple syrup! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.