Sunday, February 28, 2010

Geography Lesson

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's old and forgetful, so I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? We're in downtown Windsor today. I climbed way up here so I can see everything. This big 'ole maple leaf  is what cars and trucks see when they come out of the tunnel. Windsor is our home. Windsor is in Ontario. Ontario is in  O Canada.  O Canada is really big, you know. It's bigger than our back yard! O Canada is our home and native land. Know what else? It's a song we stand up to sing. We look at the maple leaf flag and the picture of Queen Elizabeth when we sing it.  James says, "Windsor is the centre of the universe and the very nicest part of Detroit." Detroit isn't in O Canada. It's in Michigan. That's in the Knighted States. I know my phone number and my address and my Postal Code. It's important to remember those things.

Oh! Wait! What happened to Chance? I'd better get down from here and find him. He's so little he might get lost. He doesn't know our Postal Code or anything!  He's a real handful. James is missing, too! I don't see him. I don't hear him hollering, "Where's my handsome bear cubs? Where are the Princes of Windsor?" Okay. I gotta go find them both before they get into trouble! This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Look after your little brother and  your buddies. Know where  you live so you don't get lost. Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.