Monday, March 1, 2010

GO! CANADA! GO!

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's old and forgetful, so I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? We watched the Lympics on CTV. The Lympics are for athletes. They win gold medals. O Canada won lots of gold medals. Chance and me play Lympic Games. I won a gold medal for running. I can run fast 'cuz I got Cat-in-the-Hat sox. They were a present from Tanner. Tanner was a big 'ole yeller dog. He was my firstest bestest friend but he got sick with cancer and died. When I wear my Cat-in-the-Hat sox I remember him. Chance won a gold medal for climbing really high but he tried to eat it. I said, "My son! Take that out of your mouth this instant!" We can't eat gold. It's not in the Canada Food Guide. I have to watch him you know, he's a real handful.

We're having porridge for breakfast. We're not eating gummy worms, though. Today we have chocolate toonies and loonies wrapped in gold and silver foil. We take off the foil and put the chocolate coins in our porridge. It's a Lympic breakfast!

Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where's my handsome bear cubs? Who's gonna help me eat a Lympic breakfast?" That's me! Charles. I'm a handsome bear cub! That's Charles, too! I'm gonna sit down at the table and my breakfast a-l-l u-p! Chance is too little to eat porridge. He drinks condensed owls' milk out of his bottle.

Okay! We gotta go! This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens! Eat all your food so you can be strong and win lots of gold medals today. Good citizens get to drink root beer and eat Smarties. Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.