Friday, March 19, 2010

Hurry Up Spring!

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's forgetful and really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. I have to help him remember where he put the porridge. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? Chance and me are waiting for spring to come. James says spring will get here tomorrow at 1.32 pm. I wish spring would hurry up and get here. I don't know what spring looks like exactly but James says it's in the air. I think spring must be invisible! We got robins in our back yard. It's nice outside. Yesterday it was 20C. James says we broke a record. I'm glad I didn't break it. If I break something I have to sit on the Time Out Chair and think about what I did.

When spring comes James will bring out my blue bike with the Canada flag on it. That's good 'cuz I like to ride up and down Sandwich Street and make siren noises. Chance is too little to ride a bike but he can ride with me. Oh. Wait! We gotta get a helmet for Chance so he can ride safe. Hurry up and get here, spring. We got a lot of playing to do!

Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where's my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario?" That's me! That's Chance, too! Okay. We gotta go now. We're gonna go outside and eat Smarties while we watch for spring. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Watch for spring! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.