Saturday, March 6, 2010

King of the Hill

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's old and can't remember things like where he hides the Smarties, so I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!


Know what? Chance and me are playing King of the Hill. We climb way up on top of this snow mountain. We can see everywhere from here! We watch for anybody who might try to knock us off the top. Good thing we don't need glasses! James wears glasses, you know. He loses them all the time. He's climbing up the mountain right now. He's hollering, "I'm gonna get you!" Chance makes little squeaky noises when James says that. That's 'cuz he's happy. He knows that James will tickle his ears and kiss his nose. James is saying, "Look out you Sons of Windsor! Watch out you Princes of Ontario! I'm gonna get you!

When James catches us, we'll go to Tim Horton's and drink hot chocolate! I l-o-v-e hot chocolate! It's yummy and it's one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. I know the food groups by heart: Yummy, sticky, sweet and nasty. Brocollis and sauerkrauts are nasty. I don't know why anybody would eat them. I eat them but only 'cuz I have to be a good example for Chance. That's what good citizens do.

We gotta go now. We're gonna drink hot chocolate. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens! Climb as high as you can. Eat broccolis, even if you have to hold your nose. Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.