Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sub-tropical Southernmost Ontario

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's forgetful and really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.  I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? Last week we had snow. Mr. Sunshine melted the snow and James says spring is in the air. I don't see any springs in the air. We see robins.  Canada geese are flying north.  The days are longer. It's hard to be sleepy when it's still light outside. I want to dig holes in the back yard. So does Chance. We don't really have palm trees on Sparkle Road but James says Windsor is in the Canadian banana belt. You can't fool me. I'm five. You can't make belts out of bananas, you know.

We got lots of fun things to do today but first we have to make our beds and eat breakfast. This morning we're eating pumpkin pancakes with peanut butter and maple syrup on top. I l-o-v-e pancakes. They're yummy and sticky. That's two of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. Chance is so little he doesn't have teeth. He drinks condensed owls' milk from his bottle.Good citizens eat all their food. Starving children in Belgium would love to eat pumpkin pancakes.

Did you hear that? James is hollering? "Who's hungry? Where's my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario?" That's me! I'm a handsome bear cub. I'm a Son of Windsor. I'm a Prince of Ontario! So is Chance!

We gotta go find James so he can tickle our ears, kiss our noses and make us laugh right out loud. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens! Make your bed and eat pumpkin pancakes. Be on the look out for robins and Canada geese! Okay. Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.