Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Meeting a Mountie

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's old and can't remember things like where he put the remote control for the TV, so I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? Chance and me are at the tourist centre. It's a nice place. The lady let us have our picture taken with a Mountie. James says he's a cardboard constable. I know what Mounties do. They serve and protect. See! He's serving and protecting right now. Oh, no! Chance has climbed up on the Horseman's shoulder. "My son! Come down from there this instant!"  I have to watch Chance all the time. He's a real handful.

I know what else Mounties do. They stand on guard for thee. I could be an RCMP officer when I grow up, you know. I would stand on guard for thee. I don't know who 'thee' is but James will know. He knows lots of things. Kids and cubs would get their pictures taken with me. I would use my space ray gun to arrest bad people and make them sit on the Time Out Chair so they can think about what they did.

I hear James hollering, "Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? Where are my handsome bear cubs?" That's me, Charles! I'm a Son of Windsor. I'm a Prince of Ontario. I'm a handsome bear cub. So is Chance! We gotta go, now. We're gonna go outside and climb a snow mountain. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens! Be nice to the Mounties. Good citizens get to eat Smarties and drink root beer and play Space Invaders. Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.