Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy Birthday to Juanita


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's forgetful and really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.  I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? Today is our buddy Juanita's birthday. She lives in St. John's. That's in Newfoundland. I know where Newfoundland is. It's in O Canada, our home and native land.  O Canada has ten provinces. I know their names. Miss Jackie taught me geography at the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre. Ready? British California, Albearta,  Skratchyouone, Mana-something, Toronto, Maple Syrup and the Canadiens, McCain's French Fries, Anne of Green Gables' house, Fishy Blue Noses and then there is Newfoundland and Labador.

Labador is a puppy. I wish we had a puppy. I would teach him to roll over and sit up and beg. I know! We can give a Labador puppy to Juanita. Yeah! That's a good present! Oh, wait! Labador puppies come in different colours. I don't know what Juanita's favourite colour is. I know! We'll get her a striped Labador puppy! I'll ask James if we can go to Canadian Tire. I got $8.67 in Canadian Tire money. Chance has $3.03 in Canadian Tire money. That's enough for a puppy! We can get Juanita a striped Labador puppy and put it in the mail today! I think puppies eat porridge with gummy worms. We can put porridge in this blue box with the puppy and mail the puppy to Juanita!

Okay! I gotta go! We got a lot of work to do if we're going to send Juanita a puppy. Happy Birthday, Juanita. Happy Birthday to you! Watch Canada Post for your puppy! This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens! Eat all your vegetables so you can have birthday cake. Starving children in Belgium would love to eat your vegetables and birthday cake! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.