Friday, March 12, 2010

The Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's forgetful and really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? This is me with the gang from the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre. We're on a field trip, having fun. It's okay to say field trip even if there is no field. Miss Jackie is our teacher. We're learning all about our neighbourhood. I know what a neighbourhood is. It's the citizens who live in houses and apartments around my house. There are all kinds of neighbours. Good neighbours give us Smarties.  Some neighbours are nosy. They have to sit in the Time Out Chair and think about what they did, you know.

Did you hear that? Miss Jackie says it's time for us to line up and go Tim Horton's. We get to drink cocoa! I l-o-v-e cocoa. If I had pockets I'd put some cocoa in there and take it home for Chance and James. I sure hope I grow pockets when I'm older. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Know you neighbours. Be nice to bear cubs. Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.