Sunday, March 21, 2010

Speedy Ca$h

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's forgetful and really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. I have to help him remember. He went to Canada Post this morning. Canada Post isn't even open on Sundays! Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? Saturday night Chance and me went to Mackenzie Hall to see S eedy Ca$h. It's a play. I know what a play is. It's a story that is acted out. It's as much fun as reading. I love plays. James says it's theatre.  James is in S eedy Ca$h. He says things that make people laugh. Our buddies Jay and Joey and Aaron and Chris are in the play, too. They make everybody laugh, too. We laughed right out loud! Chance doesn't really laugh 'cuz he's too little. He makes squeaky noises when he's happy. He made a lot of squeaky noises during the play. He took off his diaper and tried to climb on stage. I said, "Come down here this instant, my son!" I had to go get him down. He's a real handful, you know.

After the play we all went to Rock Bottom. I got to sit with Kathryn and Brian. Then I sat between Sarah and Shannon. Mark tickled Chance's ears and made him laugh. We got to sit with Wayne and Rob and Darryl and Chris and Elizabeth. They are all pretty good buddies, you know.

Know what? I got to drink root beer out of my sippy cup with Spiderman on it. Chance got to drink root beer out of his bottle. We l-o-v-e root beer. Good citizens get to drink root beer. It's yummy and yummy is one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. I'm glad we're good citizens.

We got home at midnight! That's really, really late. I never stayed up so late before. James heard our bedtime prayers and tucked us in for the night. I fell asleep before he finished reading our bedtime story 'cuz my eyes wouldn't stay open anymore. I am sure he said, "Good night, my handsome bear cubs. Sweet dreams, my Sons of Windsor. Sleep well, my Princes of Ontario." I am sure he tickled our ears and kissed our noses, too. James always does that.

This is me Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Be nice to people. Smile and laugh when you're at the theatre.  Then you can come to Rock Bottom with us and drink root beer. Over and zzzzzzzzz."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.