Monday, March 22, 2010

Wallermelon Kool-Aid

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. I  help him remember. This morning he forgot his own name!  Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? I get to eat wallermelon for breakfast. That's different from porridge with gummy worms. I l-o-v-e wallermelon! It's yummy and yummy is one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. Wallermelon is a fruit. We grow wallermelons in Windsor and Essex County, you know.

Yesterday we went on the Ambassador Bridge to Detroit. That's in the Knighted States. We went with James and our buddy Elizabeth. She's from T.O. That means Toronto. When we got to the Knighted States we went to Ryan's Supermercado in Mexicantown. Know what I got? I got  wallermelon-flavoured Kool-Aid. Wow! I can't wait to drink it. I will stir it up with water. James says I'm the MiniSTIR of Stirring. Then he will put it in my sippy cup. You know, that's the  blue cup with Spiderman on it. I l-o-v-e wallermelon Kool-Aid. Chance will get some in his bottle. Good citizens get to eat wallermelons and drink wallermelon Kool-Aid.

Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario?" That's me, Charles! That's Chance, too! We're handsome bear cubs! We're Sons of Windsor! We're Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James! We wanna get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. We want wallermelon Kool-Aid!


This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Help people remember things. Then you can eat wallermelons and drink wallermelon Kool-Aid. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and drink wallermelon Kool-Aid with us! We can dig big holes in the back yard and climb trees, too! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.