Sunday, March 7, 2010

Charles Square


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's old and can't remember things like where he put the chequebook, so I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? I'm hanging around the the Charles J. Clark Square. See, the park's name is 'Charles.' It's a good name. That's my name. I can spell it.  C-h-a-r-l-e-s. I know what Charles means. It means free man. I'm a free bear cub. So is Chance.  I know what Chance's name means. It means good luck. Chance is lucky we found him and adopted him, you know. Do you know what your name means? Names are important.

Oh! Did you hear that? That's James. He's hollering, "Where's my handsome bear cubs? What have you done with the Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! I'm a handsome bear cub. I'm a Son of Windsor. ! I'm a Prince of Ontario. So is Chance! I'd better get down from here and find Chance and James. We have a lot to do today. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Pick up garbage off the sidewalk and put it in a trash can. Find out what your name means, too! Good citizens get to eat wallermelon and drink root beer. Bye for now."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.