Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Secrets!

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. I help him remember stuff. This morning he forgot where we live! Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? I'm telling Chance a secret. I know what a secret is. It's something I have to whisper so nobody else can hear. I'm whispering in Chance's ear. I'm whispering to him where James hid a BIG box of Smarties. James thinks we will eat them all up and spoil our appetites, so he hides them. Chance and me know where they are hidden. I line them all my Smarties and I eat the red ones last. Chance doesn't have any teeth so I grind them up in the blender and put them in his bottle. Then I fill up his bottle with condensed owls' milk. That's what Chance drinks.

Oh. Wait! How will Chance know to drink the red ones last? Oh. Dear. I'd better ask James. Oh. Maybe not. We're not supposed to have any. I'd have to sit on the Time Out Chair and think about what I did bad. I hate the Time Out Chair. I hate to think about what I did. Thinking hurts. Maybe we should wait for James to give us some Smarties. Yeah. That's what good citizens would do. I want to be a good citizen.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. It's okay to share secrets but don't eat Smarties if you're supposed to wait 'til after dinner. . Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer, too! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.