Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hide & Seek is Always Fun!


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. I help him remember. This morning he put the telephone in the refrigerator! Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? We're playing Hide & Seek. Chance closes his eyes and counts to one hundred. He can't count 'cuz he's just a newborn cubby, so I help him. I holler "One elephant, two elephants, three elephants, all the way up to 100. I'm a good counter, you know. Miss Jackie taught me to count. She's my teacher at the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre. I'm climbing over the back of the chesterfield while Chance waits for me to count to 100. I'm gonna hide so good he won't be able to find me.

Chance thinks if he closes his eyes, he's invisible. He's not. I can see him. Know you know why I have to look after him, too. I love to play Hide & Seek. Chance loves it, too. Sometimes James plays with us. It's a fun game. James reminds us to play nice. Good citizens play nice. Good citizens get to eat peanut butter and Smarties sandwiches.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. Maybe he will let us help him make peanut butter and Smarties sandwiches for lunch! Yeah. I like to help James cook.


This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Play nice. Then you can help make peanut butter and Smarties sandwiches. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play Hide & Seek with us! We can hide together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.