Friday, March 26, 2010

Bedtime Prayers

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. I help him. This morning he put a bottle of soap in the fridge! Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

We sure had fun today. We climbed trees . We dug holes in the back yard. We rode our bikes up and down Sandwich Street and made siren sounds. We ate Smarties and gummy worms and peanut butter. We played with Uncle Darryl and Auntie Alexandria.

Now we're really tired and it's time to go to sleep. We ate our dinner and we had our baths. Now we're saying goodnight to God and we're going to go to Sleepy Town. I say, "Thank you God for all my friends and buddies. Thank you for all the food groups in the Canada Food Guide, except the nasty foods, God. Thank you for James and Chance. Oh. Wait! Thank you for my Cat-in-the-Hat sox, too. Amen." Amen means over and out.

Know what? Chance doesn't pray. He's too little to talk. He makes squeaky noises. I'm sure God knows what they mean. We're really sleepy.

James hugs us and kisses our noses and says, "Good-night my handsome bear cubs. Good-night my Sons of Windsor. Good-night my Princes of Ontario. That's me. Charles. That's Chance. We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario. We're falling a-s-l-e-e-p. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.