Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Visitors' Centre

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's forgetful and really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. I have to look after him. He gets lost, sometimes. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!


Know what? Chance and me are at the Ontario Visitors' Centre. We sit right here on this chair and people visit with us. I know what visitors do. They visit. Visitors like to have their picture taken with us. We tell them all about Windsor and Ontario and O Canada--our home and native land. I share poems with them. Poems that I write. I'm an Internet Poem Star, you know.  Here is one of my favourite poems. Ready?

Resistance (by Charles the Handsome Bear Cub)
I don't wanna
Live in Taranna.
THE END.

Folks laugh when I share poems. I know another one. Ready?

Danger (by Charles the Handsome Bear Cub)
Jack and Jill went to the still,
To fetch a pail of whisky.
Jack fell down and broke his crown,
Now, isn't whisky risky!
THE END.

I always say 'THE END' so people know I finished.

This is me, Charles the handsome bear cub saying, "Write some poems and share them with visitors. That's what good citizens do. Okay, we gotta go, now. See you soon! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.