Monday, March 15, 2010

Art

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's forgetful and really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. James forgot to  buy gummy worms. I had to put Smarties in my porridge this morning. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? I've climbed up on this statue. The people are real, they're just not alive. That's what a statue is. It's art. Art is pretty. I know all about art 'cuz Miss Jackie taught me. She's our teacher at the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre. Miss Jackie is pretty. She has a nice laugh, too. She showed me how to colour inside the lines and how to paw paint. I like to paw paint with peanut butter 'cuz I can eat it if I get hungry. Making art always makes me hungry I don't know how to make a statue, yet.  I wonder if statues are made out of peanut butter. I know. I'll ask James. He knows lots of things.


Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where's my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario?" That's me! Charles! That's Chance! I'd better get down from here and find Chance. Then we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. Maybe we will eat wallermelon. Okay. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Make art. Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.