Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Robins are Here & Green Spaghetti

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's forgetful and really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. I have to help him remember things. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? It's really warm outside. It's warm enough to be subtropical, James says. That's silly. We don't have palm trees in Windsor. James says this is the Canadian Banana Belt. You can't fool me. You can't make belts out of bananas! Now you know why I have to look after him.

The temperature is 18C. The thermometer tells us how warm or cold it is. Robins are here. That means spring is in the air. I don't see any springs but I see robins. Robins in the air. They are building a nest in the sugar maple that's in our back yard. They will be our neighbours. Robins are pretty but it's hard to play with them 'cuz they fly. I don't know how to fly. Chance doesn't know either. Maybe the robins will teach us! I know! James will show us how to fly and then we can play with the robins!

Know who else is here? St. Patrick. Lots of people are wearing something green today 'cuz that's St. Patrick's favourite colour. We're not wearing green; we're gonna eat something green. We're gonna cook green spaghetti for dinner. I l-o-v-e spaghetti! Chance will have to drink condensed owls' milk from his bottle. He's a newborn and doesn't have any teeth, yet.


Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where's my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario?" That's us!  Charles and Chance! We're handsome bear cubs! We're Sons of Windsor! We're Princes of Ontario! We gotta go see James. He will tickle our ears and kiss our noses. Then we will go outside for a flying lesson. We can dig some really big holes. No. Wait! We can climb the sugar maple and watch the robins build their nest. This is Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Watch for spring. It's everywhere! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.