Saturday, February 13, 2010

Fast Food


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, Special Ed James. He rides to school on a short bus, so I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? We're at Wendy's. Special Ed James says it's a fast food joint. He's silly. The food isn't fast. It isn't even slow. The food isn't moving at all! I am eating a baked potato. I know where potatoes come from. They come from Prince Edward Island. Anne of Green Gables is in charge of growing baked potatoes. I l-o-v-e baked potatoes. They're yummy and that is one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. Chance can't eat potatoes. He's so little he doesn't have teeth yet. He can't talk. He makes squeaky noises when he's happy and squawky noises when he's upset or has to poo. Chance doesn't even have a tail! He drinks condensed owls' milk from his bottle. I don't know where Chance disappeared to. I have to watch him so he doesn't get hurt. He's a handful, you know.

Did you hear that? Special Ed James is hollering, "Where's my handsome bear cubs?" That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs! I'll find Chance and Special Ed James will tickle our ears and kiss our noses and give us great big hugs. This is Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Eat your baked potatoes--even the skin. Starving children in Belgium would be happy to eat baked potatoes. Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.