Monday, February 15, 2010

Family Day


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He forgets where he put his mitts. He's really old, too. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark. He must be 20 years old!  I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing.

Know what? Today is Family Day. It's a holiday. I know what a family is. It's me and Chance and James and you. Families do things together like make gingerbread beings and snow people. We read books together. Families laugh together and before bedtime we pray together. Families give each other lots of hugs and kisses on our noses and give us Buckley's Cough Mixture when we're sick with a cold. Buckley's tastes awful, but it works.  Families share wallermelons and Smarties and everything!

Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Who's my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario?" That's us! Charles and Chance. I'm a handsome bear cub!  I'm a Son of Windsor. I'm a Prince of Ontario! So is Chance! We'll go find  James and he can tickle our ears and kiss our noses! We gotta go! This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens! Be nice to your family! Do something special for Family Day. Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.