Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Chef Charles and Chef Chance

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.  Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? We're looking in the cookbook. We're helping James make yummy foods. We help him teach gourmet vegan cooking classes at Mackenzie Hall. That's on the next block from our house. We can ride to Mackenzie Hall on our bicycles but we have to look both ways before we cross Mill Street. A big car or truck could run over us if we don't watch carefully, you know. Mackenzie Hall is really big. It looks like a castle. Oh! What if my teacher Miss Jackie lived at Mackenzie Hall? If she did, she'd be a princess!


I know what vegan means. It means no meat, no eggs, no dairy and no snakes. Definitely no snakes. I don't think snakes are in the Canada Food Guide. I hope not. That's different from Cassidy, our bunny rabbit friend. Bunny rabbits only eat vegetables. They're vegetabletarians.

Know what? James writes cookbooks. Cookbooks have recipes in them. Recipes tell us how to make yummy things to eat. He says we're gonna make strawberry ice cream, buffalo wings, butter tofu, pate de faux gras, mushroom quiche, cashew loaf, chick peas Kashmiri, Miraculous Whip, mock Cheddar cheese,  cashew milk and cashew cream. That's a lot of yummy food. We get to make gluten kritters! I l-o-v-e gluten kritters. They're really yummy. We like to help James. He says that good helpers are good citizens.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

It's fun to help cook stuff! This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Help cook. Then you can eat really yummy vegan food. Don't eat snakes, okay? Oh! Wait! I'm gonna ask James if we can make a little bit extra and send some yummy vegan food to those poor starving children in Belgium!  I know! Come over to our house and cook with us! We can stir things together. I'll share the spoon with you! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.