Friday, May 21, 2010

Kensington Cornerstore Restaurant

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. He remembers the invention of Saran Wrap. He must be at least 20! That's really, old.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? We're  at the Kensington Corner Restaurant. It has a gluten-free menu. It's in Toronto the Good. Toronto the Good is the capital of Ontario and Ontario is in O Canada, our home and native land. Miss Jackie teaches us geographree at the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre.

Today we get to eat outside on the terrace. Chance and me get to drink juice and eat fresh strawberries. Strawberries are yummy and that's one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. Strawberries have seeds on the outside. They're really little, like Chance. Miss Ashleigh is the nice lady who brings our juice. She loves bear cubs. She has one at home. Miss Ashleigh kisses our noses and tickles our ears.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Who wants to shop in Kensington Market? Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We wanna shop in Kensington Market. We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario!

We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Mind your manners, Be on your best behaviour.  Then you can eat strawberries and drink juice. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house! We can eat strawberries together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.