Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Toronto the Good

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Look at us! We're way up here on top of the mail box. Chance climbed up here all by himself. He climbs on everything, you know. That's what newborn cubbies do.

We're in Toronto. T.O. is the biggest city in Ontario. It's the capital of Ontario, too. James says the city has a nickname. People call it Toronto the Good.  Toronto is really big. Six million people live here. I don't know how many bear cubs  live in T.O. We only saw two bear cubs on our whole trip.

That's the CN Tower behind us. It's one of the tallest buildings in the world. It's way taller than me. I bet Chance would like to climb to the top! I'll have to keep an eye on him 'cuz it's dangerous to climb something so tall.

We're going shopping. We have to buy things in Chinatown Lots of people live in Chinatown. Most of them are Asian Canadians. They speak lots of different languages. We're gonna buy strawberries and sour sop in Chinatown. We're gonna shop in Kensington Market, too. That's where the TV show King of Kensington was made. We watch it on the CBC.

James needs sox. He says we will find a good bargain or two today. Know what?  I don't need to wear sox. I get to run around bear naked. That's a pun. I'm five. I know what a pun is. I have red-and-white striped Cat-in-the-Hat sox. My friend Tanner gave them to me. He was a big 'ole yeller dog who lived with his buddies Jay and Shaun.  Tanner died last Christmas. He was my firstest bestest friend. I remember him every time I wear my Cat-in-the-Hat sox. They make me run faster than anyone else. I'm the fastest bear cub in Olde Sandwich Towne.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario?

That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Mind your manners. Keep your hands in your pockets when you go shopping so you don't break anything. Good citizens get to eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house! We can go to T.O. and shop together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.