Saturday, May 8, 2010

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!


Know what? We're playing VIA Rail. We pretend this is the sleeping car and we're gonna take a nap. But first I holler "All Aboard!" Then we climb the steps and sit in our seats. I say to Chance, "Your ticket, please."  I l-o-v-e to play VIA Rail. It's a fun game. We make train sounds. I go, "Choo, choo, choo, choo." Chance makes the whistle sound. I say, "Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome aboard Train 75 with stops in Chatham, London, Brantford, Oakville and Toronto." Then I say it in French. I could be a conductor you know. I know how to give people Smarties and root beer. 

 I know when we're almost in Toronto 'cuz we can see the CN Tower. It's really tall,  you know. It's so tall it tickles the clouds. That's what James says. I wonder if clouds laugh out loud  when they get tickled,  like I do when James tickles me.

When get to Toronto it is time for us to eat lunch. I say, "Attention passengers, we will be arriving at our final destination in ten minutes. Please remain seated until the train comes to a complete stop at Union Station. Thank you for choosing VIA rail. Have a pleasant day."Playing VIA Rail makes me hungry. I'm so hungry I could eat almost anything. Well, not broccolis our sauerkrauts. I hate them. They're nasty. I don't care if they're in the Canada Food Guide. I don't want to eat them.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Who's ready for lunch? Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario?"

That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're hungry as bears. We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Play VIA Rail with your friends and buddies. Play nice so you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can ride VIA Rail together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.