Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Bad Dream About Austrian Measles

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? Last night I had a bad dream. I dreamt that Chance and me were sick. We were covered in red spots. We had fevers. We throwed up. James took us to see Dr. Matthew at the Sandwich Community Health Centre. Dr. Matthew said we had Austrian measles.

Then I woke up. It was dark. I looked at Chance. He didn't have any red spots. I looked in the mirror. I didn't have any red spots, either!  James woke up. I told him what was wrong. He said it was just a bad dream. He tickled my ears, kissed my nose and rubbed my tummy until I went back to sleep. I'm glad it was just a bad dream.  Austrian measles are not fun.

When I went back to sleep I dreamt that I was hungry. I dreamt I was eating Red River Cereal with gummy worms in it. I l-o-v-e Red River Cereal with gummy worms. They're yummy and that's one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide!

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Good morning my handsome bear cubs!  Good morning my Sons of Windsor! Good morning my Princes of Ontario? It's morning! It's time to wake up!  That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario!  James will tickle our ears and kiss our noses.

We gotta get ready for breakfast. I know what we're having for breakfast. I can smell it.We're having Red River Cereal with gummy worms--just like in my good dream! It smells yummy!

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "I hope you don't have bad dreams. Just have good dreams, okay? If you eat Red River Cereal you won't get red spots and be sick with Austrian measles. Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.