Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Riding the Rocket

 Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? We're in Toronto. That's T.O. for short. Toronto is far from our house on Sparkle Road.  It takes four hours to get there.

James says six million people live in Toronto.  I want to know why so many people would want to live so far away from Windsor. James says Windsor is the centre of the known universe and the nicest part of Detroit.


When we are in T.O. we get to ride the TTC bus and the subway. We use special coins. They are gold and silver coloured. They're really tiny.  I have to watch Chance, if I give him one he might try to put one in his mouth. James says the little coins are called tokens. 
The subway has a nickname, too. People call it the Rocket. It's fun to ride the Rocket. It goes really fast! Even faster than my blue bike with the Canada flag on it. When it starts to move I hang onto Chance for dear life, 'cuz there's no seat belts. Seat belts would help us stay in the chairs and not slide out! That's how fast the Rocket is! 

The Rocket stops to let people on and off. Some of the trip is underground. That's fun! A man got sick on the subway ride. I watched him fall down on the floor. Someone pulled the emergency brake. The ambulance came and took the sick man to hospital. We sure hope he gets well.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. 

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens.  Then you can come to Toronto with us and ride the Rocket. We can have fun together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.