Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pufferbelly

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. He says he's older than VIA Rail! That must be really old. I'm sure James must be at least 20!

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? We're at Kiddie World. That's a fun place to go. They have lots and lots of rides for kids and bear cubs, too. I'm the engineer on this puffer belly. That's another word for train. I say, "All aboard!" Everyone sits down and I drive the train around on the track. Chance is the conductor. He's supposed to help but he's really little and forgets. He just takes off his diaper and climbs all over on everything. I have to keep an eye on him so he doesn't fall and hurt himself.

I know a song about the train. Miss Jackie taught it to us at the Scruffy Maple Day Care Centre.

Down By the Station
Down by the station early in the morning,
See the little puffer bellies all in a row.
See the engine driver pull the little throttle:
Puff, Puff, Toot! Toot! Off we go!

 









Oh. Wait! Did you hear that?  James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens and don't pollute the earth. Walk, ride your bike and take VIA Rail. Good citizens get to Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Good citizens get to ride on puffer bellies. Come over to our house and play with us! We can ride the train together! Okay! Puff! Puff! Toot! Toot! All aboard! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.