Monday, May 3, 2010

All About Smarties

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know. He's very forgetful. This morning he forgot to put Smarties in our porridge.  Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Chance is sitting on my lap. We're thinking but we're  not in trouble. This isn't the Time Out Chair.  Know what we're thinking about? We are thinking about Smarties.  I l-o-v-e Smarties, don't you? Smarties are yummy. Yummy is one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. Know what? I can eat Smarties anywhere. I can eat them in a tree. I can eat them on the bus. I can eat Smarties even when I'm upside down! I'm not supposed to eat Smarties in bed. If I did that, I'd have to sit on the Time Out Chair and think about what I did wrong.


 Know what? Sometimes we get red and white Smarties.  We eat all the white ones first and then we eat all the red ones. Chance doesn't have any teeth yet, so he can't really eat Smarties. I grind them up in the blender and put them in his bottle of condensed owls' milk. I hope he knows he's supposed to drink the red ones last! It's a rule. It's in the Smarties song, you know.


Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Who wants to go to the store with me and get some Smarties? Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario? That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. We want to get Smarties! Maybe we can buy lots and lots and make a river of Smarties!

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Help people and be nice. Then you can eat Smarties. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play with us! We can eat Smarties together! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.