Monday, May 24, 2010

Fun Time on the Bed

Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark, you know.

Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after Chance, too. He's a handful!

Know what? At night time our bed is for sleeping. We say our prayers, then James reads us our bedtime story. He's reading Snow Treasure. It's an exciting story about very brave boys and girls in Norway. Norway is pretty far from our house. We can't even get there on VIA Rail. After that, we're pretty sleepy so we curl up and fall fast asleep until the sun wakes us up. James says we're getting our beauty nap. He's silly. I'm handsome all the time, not just after sleeping, you know.

In the daytime, the bed is a good place to play games. Look at us! We're playing on the bed. It's lots of fun, you know. Chance and me know lots of good games to play on the bed, like Hide Under the Covers and I'm Gonna Get You! and Tickle Me.

One of our bestest games is Pillow Fort. We pile up all the pillows on the bed and hide in them and James throws sox at us. We duck and grab the sox and throw them back at him. Chance tries to throw sox but he's really little. He gets excited and makes little squeaky noises. That's 'cuz he's happy and he doesn't know how to talk, yet.

Another fun game is Cirque du Soleil We play acrobats. I know how to balance Chance on my feet,way high in the air! Chance loves to play Cirque du Soleil. Me too. We are pretty good at being performers.

After we play, we're all tuckered out, so we just lay on the pillows. I tell Chance stories about the Olden Days when I was a wee little cubby. I'm five, you know and my birthday is on Canada Day. I remember lots of stuff from the Olden Days, don't you?

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Where are my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario?

That's me! Charles! That's Chance! We're handsome bear cubs. We're Sons of Windsor and Princes of Ontario! We gotta go find James so we can get our ears tickled and our noses kissed.

This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Obey the rules. Mind your manners and be on your best behaviour. Then you can eat Smarties and drink root beer. Oh! Wait! Come over to our house and play on the bed with us! We can make a big pillow fort! Okay! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.