Saturday, November 7, 2009

Bedtime Prayers


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy,  James. He is old and forgetful. He forgot to take the toast out of the toaster. It's black.  I have to look after him. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after him, too.

Know what? We are going to bed as soon as we say our prayers. We went to Toronto on the train. It was fun. Toronto is a big city.  James says six million people live there. I think we saw them all! They look very busy. We didn't see a single lion. Maybe they don't live in Toronto. I wonder how many bear cubs live in Toronto. I bet there are lots! Why would they want to live so far away from Windsor and Olde Sandwich Towne? So, here's my prayer.

Dear God, thank you for James and for my little brother, Chance. Can you put Chance on Ritalin, God? He's a real handful. He climbs on everything and sometimes he crawls away. I don't want him to get hurt, God. Thank you for VIA Rail and for gummy worms in my porridge and Smarties and wallermelons. Please send lots of Smarties all the starving children and bear cubs in Belgium. They probably won't like brocollis so don't send them any cuz brocollis are nasty, God. Okay. That is the end of my prayer. Amen. Amen means 'over and out, God. I'm really sleepy and I want to hear the bedtime story  James is going to read us when we're tucked into bed. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.